Wednesday, March 26, 2008

We Love You Aunt Juleen


My little sister Juleen is serving a mission for the church in Chicago, Illinois. She mentioned recently that she misses giving hugs and kisses and playing with her nieces and nephews. Mission rules prevent you from even putting a child on your lap. The grandkids have no greater fan than Aunt Juleen. She was always so good to them before she left. Her self proclamed role in the family was to be the coolest Aunt. And she is.
So a few of us sisters-in-laws decided to get the cousins together and help them send some love her way. Dawnessa and I went to Teresa's on Monday morning with all the kids and painted a banner with hand prints and a message "We Love You Aunt Juleen!" The kids had fun painting their hands and playing together.
We ate lunch while it dried and then had a photo shoot. The children loved it.


Juleen just emailed me today and this is an excerpt from her letter:
Oh and thank you so much for telling me about Jabren. It made me smile so big. I miss them so much but I am glad that I am where I'm at. I wouldn't change it for the world. Debbie I am learning so much. I have never understood the gospel of Jesus Christ like I have in these past few months. Instead of having a worldly perspective I am starting to have an eternal one. It is the most wonderful thing in the world. . . Love, Juleen



5 comments:

Susanna said...

Debbie, this is so cute. Your sister is so lucky to have such a great support system.

Okay, so I am missing you, we need to plan another get together.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Fun, fun, fun!!!

Suzanna said...

I'm so glad you came to my page! I've been wondering about you guys. Your kids are adorable. I can't believe how grown up Jabren is and I remember hearing the news you had twins. WOW! What a cute family. Thanks for the info about eliminating the allergies. I'd never heard of going that route before but we're definitely going to look into it! We're no longer in Logan. We moved shortly after graduation but I do miss it sometimes! It's great to hear from you. Stay in touch!!

Emily said...

I just wanted to say Hi and let you know how fun it is to see your twins growing up. Our boys just turned 6 and I must admit that the time seems to fly by. I hope you are having fun in Nampa, I linked to you from Tami's blog and it is so fun to keep in touch.

Emily said...

Hey just wanted to say sorry for using your N**** in the last post. I try to be really careful about that. I had already sent it before I realized my mistake. Sorry.