Tuesday, March 25, 2008

HAPPY EASTER DAY!

What a wonderful Easter Sunday! We enjoyed church meetings and came home and prepared for family to come for dinner. We invited Gary and Lisa yesterday, last minute. They didn't have plans except to stay home. We collaborated and both contributed food, and it was delicious. We enjoyed ham, funeral potatoes, rolls, steamed broccoli, and strawberry shortcake.

We've hardly all been together since we moved back to Idaho a few years ago. Our boys enjoyed having cousins over, especially older ones that could entain them. Matt, Allie and Holly were good sports to act like they enjoyed it.




Allie is the oldest granddaughter in the Youngberg clan, and she's grown up way too fast!
She's so great to have around!




Joshua's favorite person outside of Dad - Uncle Gary!
And this picture captures why. Even when it was time for him and Jamesen to go to bed, he layed in bed and cried for Gary to come tuck him in and say "go night-night." Two days later he's still asking for Gary. (If you wonder why there's few pictures of Jamesen, I can hardly get him to let me take his picture- but I'm always in pursuit of a good one of him)




Nikki was in the thick of it. Never further than a few feet from Jabren. He had her giggling so hard all through dinner. They were hysterical to watch.




Needless to say, we have tons of pictures of the two.




Right after church Dad and I tried to make them pose. This picture captures their personalities so well. Jabren will dutifully do what is asked, pose for a picture, but smiling may be too much to ask. Jamesen could care less about our agenda unless it involves candy which his agenda did, and Josh will accomodate us by at least looking at the camera and giving a hint of a smile.
Hey, we try!

All in all, the day was great. As I got things done Easter morning, I contemplated how I realized my own testimony in the reality of the Resurrection. I've always known, but didn't always know I knew until Jake's grandpa died. Everyone I worked with had my beliefs except one woman. She was so concerned for both Jake and me. Her compassion stunned me. She was so heart felt in her condolenses. Now I've had people close to me die before, but no one cared so deeply. As I assured her we were okay, I realized why I was, and maybe why she saw it differently.
I have a testimony that we will see him again some day. I know that Jesus Christ conquered death and was resurrected and that the sting of death can be gone because of this. Of course we miss him and love him, but we know his grandpa was happy and wanted to go. He understood the plan for salvation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your handsome little men! Love the blue ties! I also enjoyed your thoughts on Easter! The
one thing we all have in common
is that we will loose a loved one
sooner or later. It's in those
moments we truly find ourselves,
as you did! I'm proud of you!