
Okay, So this is it! I took on another project. Yesterday I bought a gallon of paint. Today I called my neighbor Allison and she came and helped me tape and paint it all. We had eight kids in the house at one point. (It was my babysitting co-op day and Allison brought two more to add to it.) We taped while I had the co-op kids, and when they left we ate lunch, put the little boys down for a nap and the paint came out.

The color is a little "out-there" but I'm loving it and its different. Jake still has yet to say anything. I picked it from a color card I found at Wal-Mart and it just grew on me. I couln't get it off my mind. It was paired with a cream and a yellow with chrome throughout the kitchen, suggesting a retro look, even though the card looked nothing of a retro picture. Well, my home has plenty of yellow in the kitchen, dining area, and living room.
As Alli and I finished the painting and started putting some of my stuff back in we really liked some of my red stuff with it. The colors don't completely coordinate but I couldn't say exactly why, but I thought it went together. You tell me.

It didn't make sense until I downloaded my pictures from my camera and saw this picture of Josh drinking a Sonic shake. The colors on the cup totally fit my new kitchen!

So. . . what do you think? Crazy, yes. Like it, maybe. Not for everyone, true. Do I like it. Yes, its me. Lets just hope Jake adjusts.
9 comments:
I LOVE IT!!! You did a really good job too! Every time you walk in the kitchen I bet it feels very refreshing and uplifting! You go girl, let's do a park day soon!
Love ya~
Bonnie
looks great!! Can't wait to see it in real life.
Oh I LOVE that color. It is so you! And I agree about the blue and red. You need to get some more red stuff for your kitchen now!
That is sucha fun color! It totally fits you! Ok, now it is time for window treatments! I need to pick out a color and I will have the two of you come and help me!! :)
Debbie,
I think it is great. It looks happy and cheerful, which is what I need, especially when every moment of every day gets spent in the kitchen. I really like the dark brown sign against the blue. You realy can go any way you want...country, retro, the sky is the limit. Good job! Glad I could get you started!
I just realized where else I saw those colors... my blog background... hmmm interesting!! ;)
Debbie, I told you that color was awsome! I'm so glad you went with it, it looks great!
It looks great Debbie! I really like it! It's a fun color!
Cute, cute!!! I love color! We have been adding a lot of color to our house lately. It just makes a room much happier to be in.
Hey, I totally miss you, we really need to get together again soon!
I'm totally looking forward to September!
Post a Comment