
I'm glad there is a day set aside to truly focus on the men in our lives! I love the look of any man in a white shirt and black slacks on two wheels. Dad looked so cool!


We had so much fun convincing Mom to get on. It was awesome! We got a good kick out of watching her speed off.

Actually, as my brothers and sisters can attest, Mom is a great sport about trying just about anything, and I love that.

She shared a memory with us about her brother Vance, who died flying his plane cross country when she was 18 years old. She told me that he had made her a little bike a lot like this one when she was about 10 years old from the engine of an old washer machine. She loved this bike and would use it to ride up the road to her friend, Janeen Youngbergs house.


Jamesen loves this little scooter, as do Jabren and Josh. But he freaks out when his turn is up and demands to be the first one to ride. In this picture I was standing talking to Jake and my dad, while I had my hand the throttle and the engine kept revving up. Finally it clicked that Jamesens hand was on the throttle with mine and he was trying to get this show on the road and giving it a little gas. He may be two, but he sure knows how to get what he wants.
Anyways, we don't get to have my parents to ourselves very often so we were grateful they could steal away for the afternoon to be with us. These pictures capture the relaxing afternoon at our house.
No comments:
Post a Comment