Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Spring Break with Grandpa and Grandma

Though we've lived in Texas only 6 months we've enjoyed many family visits here. Jakes Mom and Dad came and stayed with us for a week and we had a lot of fun with them and did a lot of different things. Though we've loved the weather here, it wasn't great for the first half of their visit, which meant some cabin fever for us all.
I'll try to do a slide show of pictures, since there's so many fun ones. This video is from our last day with them when we went to the Houston Childrens Museum.



It was so much fun for the boys and us adults. The museum is hands on fun for everyone.



This conveyor belt kept the boys busy for about 30 minutes and would have for longer if we would have let it. I need one of these at my house!
We thoroughly wore the boys out, and possibly us too. We went to San Antonio for the day and saw the The Alamo, took a boat ride on the Riverwalk and enjoyed good food. Another day we drove to the beach in Galveston. Too cold for even me to get in. The boys played in the sand and collected stuff on the sand.
The last day with Grandma and Grandpa here we went to The Childrens Museum and it was perfect for entertaining three busy and creative boys. Highly recommend it!
Besides the comings and goings we spent time at home and Grandpa did lots of fix it jobs around the house-which was such a blessing! It was such a pleasure to have Grandma around helping with entertaining kids with playdough and baking, to making food and helping with dishes. We were spoiled by them and enjoyed their company and having family with us...its so rare that we enjoyed it more than usual.

(Small world moment: On the way to S.A. I saw someone in another vehicle and I casually said "That guy looks like Uncle Wendall-Grandpa T's brother in law. Two weeks later we learned he was there on military business. The vehicle I saw was pulling an army ATV. It was very probably him!)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Heck yeah! I want a conveyor belt, too.

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

Lots of fun!!! You have a cool childrens Museum. Your boys are growing fast!

Susanna said...

That children's museum looks awesome! I want to go play there!

That's funny about you meeting my second cousin.... now I just need to got find out which one it is...I have a million!

The paint color is Green Apple 4 from Lowes. It's in my boys room and they love it!

Love seeing your boys...they are getting so big.

Tannie Datwyler said...

That's funny about the car keys. :) He actually bought me the same one on purpose - I liked it so much. I wish he had bought a different one though, because then I could just have two nice watches that were different.... go figure.

tonandboys said...

Fun! Family is wonderful! looks like lots of fun!

Kristie said...

I just found your blog. Hope you don't mind if I read along. I'm glad you had fun at the children's museum even though it was super crowded. I was a little sick that day and barely made it through. I keep thinking I need to take Hannah back when all the kids are at school and its not so crazy.