Monday, March 30, 2009

What we want from our Lives

No pictures today but just a few thoughts. With all the negative news that fills the financial and political air waves it seems easy to get down.
When Jake and I were talking the other day he made a comment and it calmed me and gave me focus and some sense of peace and control.
He stated that "We should start thinking about what we want to accomplish in our lives and not what we don't have, yet."
I love it when he has simple insights that make me shift my thinking enough to change my day, and even my week. There is plenty for me to do, without worrying about what I can't.

4 comments:

Aubree said...

There were a lot of people at my wedding. :0( Sorry again. You get overwhelmed that day trying to meet a hundred new family members. I've probably met you once, maybe twice for a few minutes. Wish we lived closer so I could get to know you better. It looks like our boys could be good friends. Maybe someday. Thanks for commenting so I could say hi again.

Kerri said...

Smart man, Debbie. I think that has been really instrumental in finding happiness this last year. Working towards goals, rather than wanting material things...It's not always easy, but it does make life more abundant.

Sorry you can't be with your family this week. I'm sure they all miss you bunches.

Leslie said...

Ahh...the peace that comes with truth!

tonandboys said...

Debbie, I love it! I have always loved your positive attitude. It just lifts me up. I get so frustrated with all the complaining around me when we are still so blessed. Lately, I come home from church every week and ask my husband "where is the faith? where is the hope? why does everyone want to preach doom & gloom?" Bless you for voicing the positive. We all need more of it.