Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Promises Made are Promises Kept

Jabren has wanted to paint his room ever since we moved in. I've always promised him we would someday. So when we planned for a girls weekend and my sister Peggy was flying up a day early, we started making plans. We shipped the little boys off to my girlfriend, Sherri's, for the afternoon and the transformation began!

Jabren is such a big Helper and so very capapble! He tried really hard to be very patient during the start up process. It took awhile to prep the room before the paint came out and then we did the top in blue and he couldn't reach. He thought we'd never let him get his hands on a brush.

Finally his patience paid off. I had so much fun and love having this memory with him. He is growing up so fast.

(Oh yeah, thanks Uncle David for stopping by or we wouldn't have these great pix.)
Now we just need to add curtains, decorate and embellish!

Jabren, I absolutely love you. You work so hard with such focus, just like your daddy. You always amaze me.

3 comments:

Tami said...

Wow! His room turne out so good. I need to come and see it in person. I love the stripe!

Amy said...

That looks great!
I keep promising the boys I'll paint their room, maybe I should hire you guys to come and do it for me!LOL!

Anonymous said...

Debbie,
You did a GREAT job! You were so worried how it would turn out! I just know you walk in there every day and feel so "refreshed!" You're a hard worker! Fun to see pictures of David and Peggy too!
Love you~
bon