Looking at the world through the eyes of a child can be frustrating at times, but also really fun! When they're beginning to capture words to use to express how they understand their world it can be really amazing how you realize they are using their little brains...a lot.
I don't typically write down the things they say, which is probably really sad. They say so many very funny things. So before I forget them heres just a little bit of the conversations at our place.
Last night while laying in bed with Dad, Jamesen says,
"Daddy, I'm still hungry...I want another piece of bacon." Jake says "Bud theres a piece of bacon with your name on it and you may have it in the morning." "Nuh, uh, Daddy. Pens don't work on bacon only paper. You can't write on bacon."
Tonight Josh got food on his chin. As he cleaned it he touched it and asked "Mom is this my bottom cheek?"
I asked "what do you mean, Josh" He repeated himself, then touched his upper lip and asked "Is this a upper cheek?" "No Josh, that is your chip, and this is your upper lip."
(I never did clarify where his "bottom cheek" was. Ever mentioning that part of the body was just a taboo when you were around my mom!" :-)
One More: Jamesen was standing in front of Josh when he sneezed all over him. Josh said "Hey, don't bless-you on me!"
When I think of others I'll add them.
4 comments:
SO much fun! Love the kiddos!
Way to go for Jake giving positive feedback!! That makes life so much better doesn't it?! Jamesen and Josh are at fun ages! They say the funniest things! So cute, funny and sweet because they really mean what they say! (instead of intentionally being witty)
Too cute! I think I am going to use that one...don't bless-you on me! I love it! Kids are the best...my Caleb recently invented the "cheek-five" Ouch!
Your boys are so dang cute!
Post a Comment