Okay, so some of my friends and family didn't know we sold our house last month. This is definitely blog worthy material, we just didn't have internet yet...then I forgot to post it.
Nonetheless, it was a major milestone for us and the details are pretty cool. (At least I think so.) Its a story of faith precedes the miracle.
Believe me: MIRACLE is a good word for it.
So we moved to Texas with all the faith in our hearts that somehow are our house would sell in this very crummy market. We know God can work miracles and we hoped he would in our case.
We left with only one walk through in 45 days on the market, my brothers co-worker. He loved it and made an offer. We countered, then he withdrew all interest period.
The offer was a blessing at the time because we were so motivated to leave our home immaculate, knowing an offer was coming in.
We left Idaho with light hearts. Then, as my brother visited with him at work he realized he was in no position to be buying a house.
The weeks turned into a month or two and we were so discouraged. Two house payments stink! We had fasted each fast Sunday along with a few family members. (Thanks David and Teresa, Mom and Dad and everyone else) One Sunday though, my faith was faltering and I was discouraged. The stress in our home was unbearable, I was beginning to see our life pile up in debt for a house we didn't live in. I was scared.
After a hard night I prayed desperately to have this removed from us and let us move forward with life. I wanted a miracle and I wanted to feel that it was a miracle, not just a huge battle to get our house gone. Then I'd know it was only the Lords doing and not anything else.
Well, literally one week later we had an offer on our home. As it turns out a woman from Florida (those who know my husband, know he's obsessed with Floriday) had been looking at a lot of homes. She walked through Friday night. Jakes parents spent the entire day painting and doing fix it jobs. They left our home better than ever. The lady came back Monday with my realtor and took measurements and we waited, . . . and waited. Friday morning the offer came in.
It was much lower than our listing price, but we decided to run with it and have the deal done. She came with cash and wanted to close in 7 DAYS!
Now, how often does that happen? No need to for loan approval, no need for an appraisal.
Little did I know in my darkest hours of doubt and desperation that the Lord could take over so quickly.
(Here's a kicker: Tawni our next door neighbor and Jakes sister in law, said she hasn't even moved in yet and we sold it a month ago. . .to me another witness that this was a miracle)
As I look back I recognize this huge miracle for what it was. Maybe we will see it as bigger than this as time goes on, especially as the economy is struggling even more so than when left.
My testimony has grown. I'm going to try to have more lasting faith. It was hard to keep our hopes up with no lookers. This woman was actually our real first official, through the MLS, walk through.
So to my friends who maybe trying to sell a house out there: BELIEVE IN MIRACLES, then pray for them, they will come!
ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE
6 comments:
That is amazing! I am so happy for you and your family. My parents have had 2 house payments for 2 YEARS-that's Cali for you. Heavenly Father really knows the deep desires of our hearts!
I admire you so much. Your faith is amazing. I understand your burden, we too desperately need to sell our home. Reading your post has caused me to look at myself deeper and I know that I need to have a little more faith in fasting and prayer and the Lord will take care of us. Thank you for posting this.
Thanks for sharing. Sometimes I need to be reminded that miracles do happen. I was wondering what had happened with the whole house situation.
I too believe in miracles!! What a miracle happened for you guys - that is wonderful!! LIke you said, you just have to keep holding on, and show our Father in Heaven you have faith, and He will work out the rest. I hope all is well and your Christmas was wonderful!!
Thanks for sharing your story of faith. I am so glad you have that burden lifted and you can now move forward.
Isn't it such a relief to have your house sold? Glad to see you got it gone. I have thought about you guys often wondering how things have gone.
The last thing you said is the key. Ask and ye shall recieve. So simple but so very, very true!
Miss You!
Post a Comment