but mostly because I come to my blog and I don't see pictures that tell me how much time has past since I last posted that give me the desire to post.
Here's a few pix of our recent summer excursions
Dad prepping Jabren for his first waterski run at Cascade Lake!

Jabren doing it at 5 years old. Proud of My Boy!

Taking a quick family shot.

Okay, so I just want to try and explain what this picture epitomizes for me: TRADITION

This scene I've seen for maybe 21+ summers of my life at this lake.
I know I have more than a few pictures that look so similar to this from years gone by. Not many faces, it just captures the support, the curiosity, the focus, the sheer togetherness that should be FAMILY. Its all captured so casually-here at Cascade Lake as a little someone tries something so new and everyone is aware.
I can't even describe how my heartstrings have me tied forever to this place. Yes, it is another beach that is very close to the one I'm used to being at, but none the less I grew up going here to spend a week every summer at Lake Cascade with my dads family. Even girls camp during my teen years scored me an extra week here for six summers.
Then I married and Jakes family started coming along to the same camp and joined the Youngbergs (one year his parents and siblings went with my family without us, when we lived out of state).
Well, my dads family has outgrown those days and I feel very grateful they passed the tradition on to my in-laws. Though we're in a cabin, not tents, we still ski on this beautiful mountain lake every summer. I love that my children will have the same memories I have here.
(As someone was skiing I just sat in the front of the boat and looked around at this beautiful place and got kind of emotional-the most I've felt since knowing we're moving away. I think because this place holds so many memories. So very many. Many of my heartstrings to my family and loved ones were tied here. As I type I am flooded with ucountable memories and some very happy tears.) Okay, booh hooh, if you know me I can cry maybe to easily.
Next: Gotta Love Lakeside Naptime!

Dad and the boy cousins building sand castles.

(Notice the fun game of "Who can last the longest on their feet" between Tawni and Wendi, my s-i-laws on the floating island in the background.)
So many more fun pictures I can't decide what to post so if I can figure out this slide show thingy maybe I'll put them up.
Needless to say. . . I love these kind of memories!

Now to pass it on to the next generation. . .
11 comments:
These are great photos! I want some of your energey!
And miss it you WILL! I only lived by the mountains 9 years of my life, and it's the thing I miss the most. Lately on a daily basis. Great memories!
debbie.. I know this is confusing and all but my name is spelled with a y ;) we have all of the variations in the fam
you: ie
Tawni: i
and me; y
Fun pics by the way!! It is great to see you captured some of our gamefun :):)I love this tradition so much too!!!
I love the picture of all of you in the boat together. It's so beautiful! Things have been crazy since school started, and we haven't gotten together like we wanted. And now my day is cut down the middle with a kindergartner. Though we haven't gotten together much, I will really miss that that option won't be there pretty soon.
I hope you will be able to make many more memories like these with your family...even though you will be living further away. It looks like you guys had so much fun!
Oh I too love that place. I just have girl's camp and ward camp out memories from there, but that is plenty to make me love it forever! Great pics too!
I hope you don't mind my nosey blog-stalking. I noticed your comments on Amber's blog a while ago, and then saw your blog on Sharlee's blog as well, and well, I just had to sneak a peek! What a cute family you have! I, too, have many-a-wonderful memory of Cascade. We had all our Walker reunions there, and of course girls camp - even after we moved to UT. When are you moving? And where? Good luck! I'm sure I'll check back sometime (if it's okay with you)- I LOVE blogspot!
oh, duh, if I would've taken a second to look around a little I would have known you're moving to Houston. You'll LOVE it, I just know it. Everyone I know who has lived in Texas falls in love with it almost immediately, and miss it terribly when they move away. Anyway, in case you can't figure out who I am, it's me...Andrea (orton) Shuman
OH..the flood of memories from McCall & Cascade lake are AMAZING!! We did have many years of fun with the family there didn't we? It made for fun childhood memories. I hope we can start something similar for our kids.
Remember when Grandma would yell at us for being loud in the girls bathroom? Haa haa. What a grouch. :0) Just kidding..love you gma! (in case she reads this)
Hello Jake and Debbie! I found your blog through a link of about 4 blogs. Your family is so cute! Good luck with your move!
These pictures make me want to cry. I would love to be able to give those darling little boys a big hug. Not to mention their Mom and Dad. We loved our visit with all of you at Christmas time. Don't forget to keep taking lots of pictures so that we can share in all of the memories!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment