Wednesday, August 27, 2008

MY BOYS ARE WATERSKIIERS!

So, the 15th of August we went to a cabin in Donnelly, Idaho with Jake's family and spent most of our days at Cascade Lake.
Both Jake and I are from waterskiing families, so it was only a matter of time before our boys tried it out.
We started with Jabren, since we felt he was totally capable. After trying it twice, and the Jetski dying each time it got going-he decided he wasn't ready. And that it was too scary. Grrrr... he was so excited to try before that.
So we went on with our morning at the lake, then we put Josh on; and I was more than a little nervous for my little guy. He didn't stand at all, he sqwatted, but never let go.
After the boys napped at the beach, we decided we could get Jamesen to go behind Grandpa's boat.
He cried nearly the whole time. He stopped towards the end. Thankfully the beginner ski held him up as I pulled him in by the rope. Jake swam out to him to get him down. As I pulled the rope in his feet were in the water." Jamesen just kept saying, "I fall down, I fall down."
Jabren, too, went for his second round and loved it. He did it a few times that day, and the next morning. On the way home he kept asking when he could go waterskiing again. ("Thatta Boy, Thompson!")
It was quite the moment for me, watching Jabren truly enjoying it. Then looking at Joshua and Jamesen who just 2 1/2 short years ago, were just coming home from the Neonatal ICU: this was a sentimental moment for me. They were both born under 4 and 1/2 lbs. They've had many challenges. They've grown so very much.
Needless to say, I'm realizing we're in a new phase of parenting-that of capable kids.
Its pretty cool!
So here's footage of Jamesen and his first waterskiing adventure! We have to get the other boys videos' from family.

No comments: