Friday, July 11, 2008

How Well Do You Know Me? Top 100 Things About Me

I've started this list to see how much I am aware of myself and my uniqueness and quirks. This is My 100 things about me! We'll see how long it takes. I'm starting this on July 11, 2008 and will keep adding to it. LOOK FOR A LITTLE ANNOUNCEMENT AS YOU READ.

1. I am 5'4" and 1?? lbs. and have brown hair and blue eyes.
2. I am the 7th of 9 children in my family.
3. My husband is the second oldest son as is my dad.
4. I've been married nearly 8 years-woah.
5. I used to be very shy.
6. That changed when I read "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
7. I decided I didn't like being shy anymore when other girls could talk so easily to the guy I liked. (My thanks to him for changing my life.)
8. I grew up in one place for 16 1/2 years and I went to nursery with my best friends.
9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE chocolate chip cookies! It's my favorite treat.
10. My Grandpa sealed my husband and me in the temple.
11. I will try just about anything if it's not morally wrong.
12. My brothers taught me how to dance.
13. I love people. I find nearly anyone I meet fascinating.
14. I always wanted to be a Mom.
15. My brothers told Jake I didn't want him to kiss me and Jake believed them!
16. I hypervenilated and would have literally passed out if I wasn't already laying down when the ob-gyn told me "Ohp, there's another one!"
17. I always knew I'd have a bunch of boys.
18. I love that Jake always teaches me new things. He taught me how to snow ski and even taught me to love football because he's an excellent teacher and I understand it now.
19. I adore my dad.
20. I want to be more like my mom - kind, gentle, and patient.
21. I want to take voice lessons.
22. I would love to learn to fly an airplane.
23. I love that my husband has dreams and is passionate about them.
24. When I deep clean, I always start upstairs in my bathroom and move out and then down to the main floor.
25. I love having a baby sitting co-op to drop my kids off when I need a break.
26. My nick-name growing up was Doober.
27. I'd rather weed than water my garden.
28. Someone in my kindergarten stole my bracelet my sister got me at Disneyland.
29. I love sweatshirts but only have two.
30. One I bought two days ago.
31. Both are Boise State sweatshirts.
32. Of all my siblings I think my nature is most like my oldest brother Gary's.
33. My first bicycle was stolen at my school.
34. My newest favorite color is tealish blue. I'm using it in everything.
35. I'm going to the Twin Falls Temple Open House Saturday morning.
36. Out of 9 children in my family, I am the only one who didn't serve a mission.
37. Germs don't freak me out unless someone is sick.
38. I'm not a worrier.
39. Being spontaneous, to me, is just as important as having a game plan.
40. My ultimate favorite color is red.
41. I'd like to use animal prints in small doses in my home.
42. I'm patriotic and love the American Flag.
43. I used to be a Boys Scouts of America.
44. I lived in a tent for two months of my life.
45. Never been to Europe.
46. Only owned two cars in my life
47. I too, lick the salt off the bottom of a pringle-thanks Angela
48. I love to travel places with Jake.
49. Controlling people frustrate me.
50. I love late-night talking.
51. I want to be more of a project person.
52. But letting go of daily chores keeps me from venturing into projects.
53. I've studied way too much about allergy ellimination.
54. My shoe size is 8 1/2
55. I like to buy bargain deals.
56. I think this list is getting difficult to finish.
57. I spend way too much time on Craiglist.com looking for furniture
58. Its rare that I wash my face before bed.
59. We could be moving to Houston next month (Update: We are!!!! Oh my HECK)
60. My favorite sitcom is Everybody Loves Raymond
61. I love it when my fridge is full of food.
62. My first soccer coach is now a famous golfer.
63. Don't like it when children stand on my feet.
64. I'm very grateful for dishwashers and vacuums
65. Both of mine broke in the same week.
66. I'm a fish in the water.
67. Favorite thing about newborns-when you unswaddle them and hold them up-they stretch their back and arms and fingers while bringing their knees up-love that!
68. I'd rather have money than look like I do.
69. I hate it when my paper piles build up.
70. I love hearing my door bell ring-when its not my kids.
71. My great great great grandmother and I share the same birthday, 150 years apart.
72. My favorite holiday isn't Christmas.
73. It's Thanksgiving-weird huh?
74. Someday I'd love to be a great speaker who can think clearly on my feet.
75. I adore old men.
76. No desire to go into space.
77. I think I'd love rock climbing.
78. No desire to scuba dive in deep, dark waters.
79. I want to go to the Olympics with Jake when they're in Sochi, Russia-the first city where he served on his mission.
80. Phone numbers stick in my head.
81. I remember faces really well, and even names.
82. Mere acquaintances think I'm a stocker or obsessed when I tell them details I remebered. I don't try.
83. I love wathching my boys say goodbye to Jake every morning. Its a huge ritual at our house.
84. I love to watch my husbands face lit up and a huge grin on his face when he's laughing or telling a story.
85. Favorite thing about my house is its location, on a culdesac, with a great backyard.
86. Jakes brother and sister in law are my neighbors, and they've been our neighbors once before.
87. I read how-to and self-help books more than novels.
88. Novels are too much of a commitment for me. Even though I love them.
89. In h.s. I interviewed for "Girls State". After tons of girls interviewed, I went in and a panel of women asked me who sponsored "Girls State". I didn't know the answer but I looked down at their papers in front of them and saw my answer. "It's the American Legion Auxillary isn't it?" They all were so excited. I was the first who knew the answer. I got to go to Girls State. Many more qualified girls couldn't figure out why I was selected over them.
90. I'm a fish in the water. Being in water makes me feel younger.
91. After asking my philosopy professor for help on a term paper, he ended up writing it for me. I still have the proof. He gave me an A and told me it was the best paper he received!
92. My favorite time of day is bedtime-or just after my kids are all asleep.
93. I've never had braces.
94. The only time I've ever lost a lot of weight is when I gave up dairy for 7 months and was going to the chiropractor twice a week. (Not excercising)
95. I never lost weight when I ran everyday.
96. I love a dinner invite!
97. I love having people in my home and sharing my food.
98. I love being out of my comfort zone - I feel the most alive then.
99. I love my girlfriends.
100. This summer is my 10 year class reunion and I don't think its happening.

7 comments:

Amber said...

Oh this is fun. I want you to keep adding. It is amazing how many of these I already knew. It actually surprised me. But I learned a few things too!

The Howard Family said...

Number 89 cracked me up, I can't believe you did that! That is so funny! It was nice learning more about you. Yes, I do remember the late night gabs, wasn't it great!

Amber said...

Your class reunion already happened. The only reason I know is because I saw some pictures on myspace. I will tell you this, from the looks of it only a few people showed because no one took the time to locate anyone. And those who did show up looked like they were sloppy drunk and could barely strand up straight. I am fairly certain you didn't miss much!

Stacey said...

I stumbled upon your blog and am sad to learn that you will be moving. We never really got together even though you're so close, but it was a comfort to know you were in our stake. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

I think that I am very sad, you are moving!!!! I am happy for you but sad for me. Genea will be sad that her boyfriend is moving as well!! :)

Crystal

Jennifer said...

what a great idea to look for 100 things people don't know about you. I enjoyed reading this list. We're all very interesting and list like this prove it!

tonandboys said...

I loved this list. It includes many of the things I LOVE about you. One that stood out to me. I always loved that your family knew how to have fun and relax... since I can be really anxious.(not a surprise..i know) I am still grateful to your dad for sticking me back on the knee-board and telling me he would not let me give into my fears and miss out forever. I felt so loved that he cared enough to make me face my fears. Incidentally, my husband is so much like your dad... lucky for my boys.