Just so I remember...this is what my day consists of or just my routine at least. 6:25 am Wake up and help Jabren find clothes to put on. (He gets in the shower before I'm up. I'm a lucky mom. I don't even wake him up for school.
6:30 Josh and Jamesen wake up. They always seem to need my immediate attention or help.
6:35 Serve breakfast. Seems like Josh and Jamesen need me OR they fight at this time.
Start putting together a breakfast and lunch for Jake to take to work. I have friends who tell me they never do this for their husband. I can't imagine a time I haven't been doing this. How are they so lucky!
6:45 Go outside to wait with Jabren.
6:48 Come in and finish Jakes lunch...all while settling Josh and Jamesen (I think they're waking up to early to function like normal.
6:50 Help Jake locate anything he needs and can't find.
6:55 He's out the door. Whew. Somehow it seems way too intense of a way to start my day.
7-10 am. I start dishes, laundry, answer emails (or at least just read them)
Also, I make me a well balanced breakfast and then go enter it into Sparkpeople.com to track my food while I try to loose weight.
8:30 - 10 am MWF Go to the gym.
10 am. Help Josh and Jamesen finish any homework or practice. Then I run errands with them.
11:30 Make them a balanced lunch, hoping they function well at school. Clean up lunch.
12:30 Check that backpacks have what they need, shoes and socks are located and on feet.
12:40 We wait outside for the bus, and say goodbye with lots of hugs and kisses to go around. They're always quite fervent hugs.
12:45 p.m. I shower or head to the gym if I haven't. Or I clean if I haven't finished. Yesterday I paid bills and got lots of my paperwork organized. Did more or it this morning.
1 p.m. Make me a healthy, well balanced lunch. Enter it into Sparkpeople.com to be sure I am on track for the calories of the day.
1:45 pm Make church related phone calls if needed. Sometimes I even get to sit and read...I call it lunch hour.
2:30 Jabren returns home and we get a snack and hopefully start on homework. But sometimes I'm into some cleaning project and just let him watch t.v.
3:50 Josh and Jamesen arrive home. Yay! They're stinking cute kindergarteners.
4 p.m. Make dinner and I have no idea what else. Oh, maybe grocery shopping, or clean up whats left to do.
Somewhere in here I talk to my mom or any one of my 3 sisters.
6 p.m. We're eating dinner by now hopefully, cause I like to get the kids in pjs by 6:30-7 pm. unless we have scouts here. Bedtime routines kick in. Teeth get brushed, snuggles are snuggled, books are read, backs are scratched, legs are scratched. Melatonin is given.
8 p.m Almost everyone is in bed almost asleep. Then I try to think about cleaning up dishes but lots of times I don't want to. And so I head to the gym and work out. Or enter my dinner on sparkpeople.com (I've lost 7 lbs since August 1st. Yay!)
Thursdays are our craziest day. I need to have the house really clean, dinner made and eaten by 6 p.m. so that we have time to clean up before scouts come to our house so that when they leave I can hurry kids into pj's and kiss them and leave them with Jake so I can run out for presidency meetings.
None of my kids are in sports yet. Probably this makes me not a very good mom. They love sports. I just don't like being ultra crazy with our heads cut off at night and so I resist it.
It will be in my life soon enough. Once it starts it won't end. So for now, this is my daily routine. I finally have time for me in my day. Happy about that and the projects I'm getting done and feeling like I have time and energy for a little quality time with each of my sons. Its been a long time waiting.
6 comments:
isn't it nice to put down all the things you do that seem not that significant but make your family work! Great job on the 7lbs! Have you taken before pictures? It's nice you have a gym to go to. I think I would like a membership, but doubt we can afford the fee every month. Maybe Brian can get me a treadmill off craigslist for Christmas...We also have p90X so I think after I recuperate from having this baby I'll start that too.
It was fun to read about your day. :) Thanks for sharing.
It does NOT make you a bad mom that your kids aren't in sports. And don't you let anyone make you feel that way! It is extremely sad that sports are such a high priority in most people's lives these days, that we actually never stop to realize that they just aren't important. At all. You will hear a hundred million arguments about why they are important, but honestly, if you get right down to it, keeping them home, eating dinner together, reading scriptures, and having family prayer really can't be topped. And if you have to choose between the two, guess which one is best? I know it's not popular to say so, but seriously, is there anything in the scriptures about Jesus playing sports? Is there anything they are going to learn from sports that you can't teach them/they can't learn from church activities/regular every-day kid life? Actually, now that everyone's kids are so busy with sports, maybe it IS the only way...since there are no kids running around the neighborhood playing anymore because they are all on teams elsewhere in the city...? Okay, sorry about the rant, but it's a touchy subject at the forefront of my mind lately. Way to go eating healthy and exercising! It's hard to do when you have a busy child-full life - good job!
How nice your boys have 1/2 day kindergarten. We have all day and I'm dreading next year - not for Wesley necessarily, but for me :).
Congrats on the 7 (I'm sure more by now) lbs! You inspire me, and not just with the weight loss stuff.
moms are amazing...and you're no exception!! You think that just because kids are in school that your day will be quiet...definitely not! Your boys are awesome to have you (Jake too). I'm right there with the other moms who don't pack lunches for their hubbies AND I don't iron his clothes either. Next year with full day school for the boys will bring about a little more time for you too - yay! Hope you're doing awesome! Love ya all!
Wowzz!!! A mother's life is never dull. You are such an amazing woman to make your husband's lunch and help him get ready for work. Yeah, my husband is not nearly so lucky. He is lucky to get a homemade breakfast a few times a week.
Although, I think I am saving up energy for the end of the day...which is Beyond Crazy!!! I drug my feet with the evening craziness too, but my kids are older now and it is inevitable. Between Scouts, music lessons, art lessons, sports, etc...our evenings are just plain nutso. But I guess they have to grow up sometime. For the record, music lessons are much more demanding than sports..you have to make sure they practice Every Day... They definitely make evenings a balancing act. Making dinner, helping with homework, supervising music practice, and running other kids to and from scouts in the middle of it all...
You know, when you write it all down, you realize why it is so hard for a mother to accomplish anything... We are constantly working full steam..just to keep things running. Moms Are Amazing!
Post a Comment