So This Little Piggy went to Market...WalMart to be exact. And my cashier was telling her coworker she wanted to go home. But she went home early the day before, and if she does she'll be penalized or given a bad mark. Then she see's me staring her down with a "WHAT?" look on my face; she just realized I was there. She quickly explains she feels MISERABLE and that yes its probably the FLU
Are kidding me!!! With all this H1N1 flu going around and here you are really sick-she definitely looked sick- and now you are handing me my receipt. She apologized. Uhhhh? Does that mean you'll be at my house to take care of me when I get sick and can't take care of my kiddos...BECAUSE YOU came to work?
Didn't even want my receipt, thank you! This was a bit ago, and we're fine. But I've been researching all the pro's and cons of the vaccine. I want to do whats best. Doubtful of getting it, but scared to make a wrong decision regarding my kids health either way.
Only advise given from Nancy Schneiderman on the Today Show was WASH your HANDS always and take sanitizing wipes with you everywhere....well this only goes so far in my book.
So I asked Jakes mom for anything she'd read or received-she's my go to girl in these situations. Here's what I found. http://www.naturalnews.com/027231_Vitamin_D_immune_system_vaccines.html An article discussing the reseach and evidence of Vitamin D.
VITAMIN D (SUNLIGHT) is soooooo crucial in staving off the Flu. Get yourself and your kids outside to play. Let them be in the sun for 20 minutes a day. The Vitamin D causes a chain reaction in the blood stream that takes on these flu microorganisms and allows the body to continue functioning without overeacting.
The article goes into more scientific detail and explanation, but plain and simple. We need sunlight. Everyday. If you're in a place that is too cold, I bet one of those lamps for people with SAD (season affected disorder) would do the trick.
The cool thing about this advise. No one profits. Nothing to gain from someone selling some product....VITAMIN D is FREE
I need more than washing hands and sterilizing everything. I want something working with me and my family from the inside out. My son is still in school. We still go to church where someone may cough or sneeze and particles will fly. Not to mention the vaccine is next to impossible to get here for a few more months.
I want these antimicrobial proteins mentioned in my blood stream taking on any avengers that I can't prevent from entering my world at the MARKET!
You don't have to totally believe in it, this might be a little "alternative" in thinking for those who don't go there, but its worth giving it a try. Try it out. See what happens. Do a science project. See if you keep healthy.
Their facts add up to me. And its one more thing in my arsenal in fighting the flu besides Motrin. This little piggy wants to sing "Wee wee wee, all the way home next time I go to Market!"
7 comments:
also, you can buy Vit D supplements, just make sure it is D3. I take one of those and an extra 1000mg of C inthe falland winter. Its hard to know the proper amount for kids, though. So I give mine those Flinstones with extra C and play outside everyday thats sunny. Thanks for the advice.
Can I take the D3 supplement if I just want a little bit of a tan?
Also, my mom (and sisters) swear by this: gargle with warm salt water (I do it nightly, but there's no limit), cause it kills harmful bacteria; drink warm drinks (I love to heat up my orange juice) to flush harmful bacteria down into your stomach where it can't survive; swab out your nose with a tiny bit of hydrogen peroxide (sounds weird, but it is not uncomfortable, and it's supposed to work) to kill anything that may be lurking in there. Worth a shot.
My mom always made me go lay in the sun when I was sick. I know that it made me feel better - if only because the sun just makes me happy and warm.
We always gargled w/ salt water, too. I hated it, then learned that listerine would do the same thing - yeah. Then I heard Nancy Schneiderman (we must have watched the same day, Debbie) say that it doesn't do much at all to gargle because it closes off your throat and you don't get way down in there. That may be true, but there's no harm in getting the yuck at the top!
Plus the sun just makes me so dang happy! And on another note, after much research, we are opting against the H1N1 vaccine.
Here's my bit on the vaccine - being a nurse and all - I am pro-vaccinations! I too have researched and I am planning on having mine next week and the kids as soon as the pediatrician has it. This flu is not affecting the elderly and sick, it is preying on pregnant women, kids, and teens - the healthy. But, I did just read the mortality rate is only at 1 % currently, so if you don't get the vaccine - chances are you won't die. I just don't know if I can deal with a sick family. Vit. D is great too!!
I was going to send you an article on WebMD about black elderberry extract, which we just baught, but look it up cause I forgot to send it.
I'm getting it when it come more available because of the pregnancy, but now I'm even considering having the girls get it. It's killing more and more children every day. It's a strange flu and it seems really young kids are getting it worse and pulling out of it as quickly. I'm still back and forth with them, but I'm not opposed to it.
It makes me REALLY mad that people are going to work with it or continuing to go to school cause mom can't take work off. If one person gets it it's recommended that everyone in the family should stay home cause they're all carriers. Oh well, we don't live in a perfect world so we have to take our own precautions.
It makes sense that Vitamin D would help, because sickness is always much worse during the long winter. However, I have vaccinated 3 of my children and I will vaccinate the 4th as soon as it becomes available. Why? My sister's friend lost a perfectly healthy 2 year old daughter to the flu last week. There have been 3 deaths in our community this past month. All of them 32...not comforting. You can get the vaccine at Government Health Clinics...not at the pediatrician. States were allotted equal portions based on population. So far, our state has vaccinated the families of newborns under 6 months, children under the age of 4, and children under the age of 18 with compromised immune systems. My 7 year old did not fall under any of these categories, but I am hoping he will qualify by next week. Personally, I would stick with the shot. The nasal spray is made from a small amount of live virus and it is possible to catch the flu from it. You cannot catch it from the shot. You can get a thermisal free shot if you are worried about mercury levels. All I know is that I sleep peacefully knowing my children are vaccinated. I feel like I can leave the house again. I can send my 2 year old to nursery again. The swine flu has been spreading like wild fire through our entire community for over a month. One day, they sent 400 students home with fevers from the high school. It is nuts how contagious this flu is.
Post a Comment