Monday, September 1, 2008

FINDING A HOME TRIP

After a fun family weekend at Cascade Lake we hurried and prepared for our trip to Houston, leaving at 6:15 the following morning.
We were on the hunt for a place to live and had 4 full days to have everything figured out. That doesn't sound too bad. We looked right up til Friday afternoon. Finally we had decided on a place, but it took awhile to get everything squared away. Here's the house. It'll be home for awhile, but we're only renting, til we get settled and our home sells here in Idaho.

As soon as we found the home we wanted we headed to the elementary school to start paperwork for Jabren to enroll in kindergarten.


Jake and I decided we needed to take advantage of the day left we had and get some RandR. We headed down to Galveston and walked on the beach. Its an hour drive to the Gulf of Mexico from our new home. Jakes job allows them to work flex time, giving them a 3 day weekend every other week. I'm excited that that will allow us to take our kids to the beach every once in a while.



One more trip we had time to make was to the Houston Temple. It was beautiful, and it will be nice to have a temple close.


Two more things I liked while we were there: the beautiful, tree lined streets and Schlotzsky's Deli. I insisted we stop there for lunch. They no longer have them in Idaho and they make my favorite sandwich ever. "The Original" on Jalapeno Cheese bread. Mmmmmmmm. . . .

12 comments:

Guy and Ali said...

I'm SO excited that everything is working out for you guys. the house looks way cute and i can't believe you are so close to the beach! You should check out our blog at sundwallfamily.blogspot.com

Amber said...

I know you said a lot of important things in your post, but all I read was Schlotzsky's Deli. I AM SOO JEALOUS. I almost cried when they closed their locations here! Maybe you should mail me one. Yep, I love them that much!

lemontree said...

The house looks perfect. How very exciting to start new! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Debbie,

Once in a while I read your blog (hope you don't mind) and so I just found out that you're moving! Wow !
I'm sure though that you'll do well and make many new friends very soon since you are a very likeable, friendly and caring person. I'm also sure Wendy will miss you a lot ! It's been fun seeing you once in a while when I visited Boise.
Hope you'll find everything just the way you wish for.
Best wishes, Majo

The Teeples Times said...

Congrats on finding a house. We did the same thing only a year ago. It is fun and stressful. The school looks really nice. It will be so much fun to have the beach close. We live about an hour and a half from the ocean and love it! You'll enjoy it!! Good luck with all you have coming up.

Jennifer said...

wow. you are so brave and I wish you the best of everything. I admire anyone who can pick up and move not just themselves, but their whole family and life. It sounds like you really have things lined up. Good luck and I wish you the best

Tannie Datwyler said...

Okay, so I am retarded! I just figured out that you have a BLOG too. I LOVE people's blogs, so I am happy now that I can read yours. I added it to my google account. :)

Anonymous said...

texas!! luckies!! my family all lives in texas! :) you must eat at a chipoltle...amazing..*hehe* and le madaline they have the best tomato soup!! i think they have one in huston! i'm excited for ya!! GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!!! oh and when me and shawna pulled over and talked to you like last week...it was nice to talk to ya about dallas being gone..haha i'm really sad but it always makes me feel better to talk about it! so thanks!! :)
<3 KEISHA

Janae said...

Hello Honey...you need to post something new so we all know you're ok?! What's going on with the move to Houston right now?

The Howard Family said...

I'm sorry i haven't left a comment for sooo long things have been crazy and for you too I see! looks like thing are going to be fun in Texas, I will miss you, good thing we all got to do some things before we all started moving!

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

so, when are you getting back into this internet world? Just because you move, doesn't mean you have to leave us out to dry! What's new, what's down, What's up?!?!

Anonymous said...

Debbie~
These are great photos! You look really happy! Any news on the house selling! I'm keeping you in my prayes girl!~ How's Jabren adjusting to school? How do you like your ward? I miss you dearly but know you will bless so many live there! How does Jake like his job? I'll phone you this week!
Love you,
Bonnie